Thursday, August 21, 2014

Clean up your floor vents!


A few days ago I taught a class on painting furniture in Idaho for some ladies in the ward that I grew up in. We had a great time. I am going to try to post a few of the things that I mentioned in the class on my blog in the next couple days. 

I saw this today on a pin that someone shared on Facebook. I mentioned this in my class. 


I actually did this in our rental house about 3 years ago. The vents in the house were dirty and rusty. I soaked them in some warm soapy water and scrubbed all the dirt (or as much as I could get to) off. Then I took them in my garage and painted the vents. 

First I laid down some newspaper on the garage floor. I opened the vents and sprayed the bottom of the vents first. After that was dry, I flipped over the vent and sprayed the top. 

I gave the top a couple coats of spray paint, following the instructions on the can. 

I also did this on my vents in my current home. They didn't turn out as well, our home was built in the 90's and the vent covers were shiney gold. I should have roughed them up a little with some sand paper first. 

I don't know where this photo came from, I snapped a screen shot of it with my phone. If this photo is yours I would love to give you credit, just let me know!

Thanks for stopping by! Give this quick project, it's a fun way to make those nasty dirty vent covers look like new.

No comments:

Post a Comment