Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Paris Gray Night Stands

I have had this night stand in my garage all summer. Picked it up at the goodwill for only $5. I didn't know what to think if it. It is nice and sturdy, the drawers work good, but the front is that weird plastic fake wood. 

Getting kids ready for school is an expensive and daunting task. At the first of August I always try and get the kids rooms clean and organized. Top of the list for my 11 year old son was a nightstand and I thought, why not. 

I painted the night stand with Annie Sloan Paris Gray chalk paint and the next day I distressed it and gave it a clear coat wax. I wanted to paint the brass handles black, but was out of black spray paint.  So I just used the oil rubbed bronze spray paint by Rustoleum. I love how this turned out. The plastic fake wood looks awesome! 

I'm not scared of the plastic fake wood anymore. And I kinda get excited when I see plastic fake wood. 

What do you think? Are you intimidated to try painting something like this? I would love to see your plastic fake wood transformation project!



No comments:

Post a Comment