Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Playing Dress-Up with my front room

The first room that you see when you walk in my home is this room. We call it the front room. It's a nice size room. But honestly, it is a complete waste of space in my opinion. This is the most unused room in the house. It's the Christmas tree room, that what we called it when we were looking at this home. And I was so excited to have a Christmas tree room! But what about the rest of the year?

Well, here's a look at this room over the last year. It's embarrassing but, gotta keep it real. 
January 2013, the tree is tipping. Kids playing tag around the tree, ornaments falling off. But at least it's been vacuumed. 


April 2013, yes the tree is still sitting there. Along with the pile to go to good will, hand me down bags of clothes that need to be gone through, and hidden back on the left are all the boxes of Christmas decorations.

April 2013, The other side of the room. The furniture cart sitting there ready to move things around. I refinished the vintage buffet in this room. I had just finished it and moved it into the entry.

For a few months I used this room as a storage room for furniture that was waiting to be refinished. 

July 2013, Here it is all clean and empty. Ready for a couch and loveseat. Looking for one in the online classifieds.
August 2013
So things are starting to come together in this room. Here's what we have so far:
Couch & Loveseat - $350
Vintage Trunk/coffee table $50
Clearance Rug - $39
Antique WWII trunks - $45
Old doors - $25

I just grabbed things from around the house to try and give this room a decorated feel. It was kinda fun, kinda like playing dress up. But playing dress up with a room is harder on your back then playing dress up with clothes. Still lots to do in here. I don't like the rug, it's way too dark. I need to find a new home for the entertainment center. And paint the piano. I better hurry, Costco already has their Christmas stuff on their shelves and I want to put my tree back up!


No comments:

Post a Comment